NOTICE: Your health and safety come first. Please adhere to the WHO recommendations and avoid any non-essential travel at this time. If travel is unavoidable for you, then please refer to these advisories on COVID-19 coverage from our friends at World Nomads and SafetyWing.
And the beat goes on…
CLICK HERE to view the other looks from this week’s Mercedes Benz Pajeon Show.
- 150 g peeled shrimp
- Approximately 10 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp soybean paste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsps Vegetable oil
- Mix flour, water, soybean paste and sugar in bowl to make batter. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Heat non-stick pan on stove. Add vegetable oil to heated pan.
- Put chopped green onions in pan. Put shrimp on top of green onions. Pour batter over shrimp and green onions evenly.
- While pancake is cooking, keep patting and pressing it slightly with spatula.
- After a few minutes, check bottom of pancake and turn over when crisp and golden brown.
- Cook for a few more minutes until other side of pancake turns crisp and golden brown, then flip over again.
- Cook for another minute then transfer it to serving plate. Serve hot with sauce. (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped green or red chili peppers
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
DID YOU KNOW?
That the term “shrimp” originated around the 14th century from the Middle English word shrimpe, which means to contract or wrinkle?